Thursday, October 28, 2010

The Magic of a Window Seat



I love window seats. Growing up I always wanted one. There is something so romantic and cozy about a window seat that I have never gotten over. In the other house we had looked at by the same builder, there was a window seat built into the stairwell. I thought it was darling and a dream come true of sorts. Why I didn't see the potential for a window seat in this house is beyond me, but it is even better. Below is the south facing window in the master bedroom.

Do you see what I see? Not only is it the perfect place for a built in window seat, but it has the space for flanking bookshelves as well, the ultimate window seat. Now I just have to figure out a way to make it. Maybe I'll find a local carpenter, maybe just find the right pieces that will slide in nicely. We recently went to Ikea for ideas. I found almost the perfect set although I think it might be just like an inch over alloted space and a mile over any sort of budget I would set. Here are the pieces though.
We also have our current bookshelves that usually go in the living room and are staggered. They could work too maybe and they match our bedroom furniture as well. They don't sell that style at Ikea anymore though so we couldn't buy one more tall one if we wanted to, but maybe to hold me over for a while :)

2 comments:

  1. I like the built-in idea. That might even be cheaper than the IKEA stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are right! That is the perfect place for a window seat.

    ReplyDelete