Monday, October 18, 2010

No going back now

I can't believe I picked everything out today. For the most part it was actually pretty simple, especially because I came in with some ideas beforehand. We had to make a few compromises, but it turned out almost better in my opinion. I'm really excited about the tile around the fireplace and our kitchen faucet, little details that I think will add a nice touch. For the most part everything is pretty similar to my design board. The darkest laminate counter top they had wasn't what I had envisioned and I'm still second guessing myself a little about my choice, so I hope it turns out good. There was a lighter one that I opted for in the bathrooms that I think will look great and hide water spots and such until I can get to them. One nice thing about the dark counter was that it had a tiny bit of sheen that none of the other options had. It has some brown veining in it, which I wasn't crazy about, but it will look nice with the oak cabinets. We ended up with the light laminate wood in the kitchen and dining room and carpet in the living room. This is a picture of the dark kitchen counter and the lighter bathroom counter tops.

4 comments:

  1. i really like both of those countertops! especially the dark one, i think it will look really nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm really starting to second guess the darker counter choice. If I want to keep everything light and airy, why would I go with a dark counter?? Especially since I found a lighter one I actually liked. Originally because I thought it added more contrast, but maybe the dark appliances alone would add enough contrast and I should have just got the lighter counter everywhere in the house. Blast...I should have had him hold the order so I could think about it. I think the black counter is going to look awesome...just might not really achieve the look I want to go for in there. Someone console me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is not just to make you feel better, rather exactly what I though about the pictures above, before reading your comment. The dark counter looks great. It will tie your cabinets and your appliances together nicely. If everything was light, not only would it look bland, but your black appliances would look out of place. This will give it some kick, and came it cohesive. I've had a similar countertop in the past, and it looked great. Fancier then laminate from far, which is a bonus. Bathroom counters look great too. No need for the dark color tie in there, and definitely better for cleaning. So there, you were right with your choices :) No second guessing :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You said the perfect thing! And I'm glad you thought it before you saw what I wrote. Its basically why we thought we would go dark in the first place. Bland is not what I'm going for.

    ReplyDelete