Friday, October 15, 2010

Oak Cabinets



Again, another common builder standard. What's a girl to do?

I love a nice, modern flat/recessed panel cabinet.
Ikea Akurum cabinet door
http://tinyurl.com/2a7rhdt

These cabinets are not an option for us. So this is what I have planned. We will do our best with the oak cabinets that we will be given, choosing colors for the counters that go well with oak and with my future plans.

Here is the idea I found on bhg.com. Love this site.
Standard oak cabinets in a clean, white kitchen. Its not the worst look in the world. Its actually kind of homey, as how many people grew up with something just like it or live in a home with the original builder oak? But what if you want a more modern look like I happen to enjoy? This is what bhg.com came up with and I think it turned out amazingly well. This project will be one of the first on my to do list.

Voila!
Painted white with new hardware and a bit of color on the walls. Its a whole new kitchen with a completely different feel.


No comments:

Post a Comment