Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Side Yard Project

I spent what seems like weeks trying to get this how I wanted it. It all started when we found out we could submit our landscape plans at the garden fair and get the $75 fee waved. I scrambled the night before to get my drawn-to-scale sketch ready. We changed a few things since then and below is the final design.
Patio pavers were on sale at Lowes, 20% off and I had a 10% off coupon as well so I wanted to get as much of our supplies as I could in one go, especially since we would have it all delivered and I only wanted to pay one delivery fee.
This is how it started out. Well almost. We had to move a ton of rocks in the yard and used them to build up the patio space. So many rocks!!! And the ground is full of more rocks.
Since our yard is mostly shaded during the day I wanted to do a little shade garden in one of the corners.
And here it is after we got all of our mulch around the perimeter and in the center is our biograss garden soil spread with lawn seed. I sure hope it grows a lush beautiful lawn! Until then, we'll enjoy that we don't have to mow.

And here is our paver patio. Its a little less than perfect, but we did our best given how tired we were by the end. A few pavers sit a little higher or lower than they probably should, but at 11 at night after a full day of yard work, we weren't really noticing it as much. Hopefully it will stand the test of time. Just imagine some potted citrus trees on the corners and a patio set...oh and the lawn and we are almost there!





No comments:

Post a Comment