Monday, November 8, 2010

Update Call!

Things are moving along!

Every Monday I receive a call from the selling agent and the construction manager with an update on the house.

Last week they worked on the trim, drywall and paint. This week it will be cabinets and vinyl floors. I had a few questions about some things we noticed walking through the home. Some dings in the walls where it looked like they had been hit with something, a broken window in the back and the green pipe in the front that sticks up about 2 feet above ground.

I found out that the pipe is the sewer clean out access point and it will be cut to about 6" above grade before closing. That made Andre very happy.

The broken window has to be fixed per state law and they will go through and touch things up before walk-through and closing as well.

So my mind has been put at ease. It was also helpful to talk to our brother-in-law Quentin, who is a construction manager, and ask about our concerns first. I didn't want to be unreasonable, but I wanted to know what was completely appropriate to question as well. He helped out a lot. You probably won't read this, and I'm sure I'll tell you again later, but thanks Quentin!!! It was really helpful to talk to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment