Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Spring Planting


Gardening got under way early this year, thank you mild winter! I was starting to wonder why specific plants and flowers I bought last year haven't been available this year.  Then I realized that last year we didn't start doing yard stuff until well in to June and some of those plants just aren't available this early.  Petunias for example.

I never really liked petunias, but now I can't wait for them to come out. Quick growing and colorful they really are a great addition to my planters.  My pepper plants and petunias got along wonderfully last year.

My salvias that I saved from the Lowe's "dying" (and therefore clearanced) plants are growing beautifully.  That's so rewarding!

I also planted some spring and summer bulbs that I got at Lowe's for $1 each!  I figured if they didn't come up it was a good and cheap experiment at the least, but I think we might have some luck.

My gladiolus are coming up and that is also super exciting, can't wait to see how everything looks this year.

My neighbors planted bulbs straight in the ground last fall and they have all come up.  I backfilled all my plants with potting soil, but I don't think I will do it anymore since everyone else's plants seem to be doing fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment